World Book Day, 3rd
March 2016, is literally a celebration about reading! Children from all over
the world come together to talk about authors, illustrators and stories that
have made an impact on their lives.
In its 19th year, World Book Day is also an opportunity for
children to own a book...or two or three. National Book Tokens Ltd will donate
over 14 million tokens to children in participating schools. Children can
exchange the tokens at their local book shop for one of the special top ten new
exclusive books or as a discount for any book in the whole wide world!
At Playforce we believe the best World Book Days are always
the ones held outside. Using your outdoor playground to educate children on the
importance of storytelling is both mentally and physically beneficial. Here are
some top playground equipment pieces we recommend for World Book Day:
- Storyteller Chair - Encourage the little ones to make up their very own tales in
the fabulous Storyteller Chair...or use it as an outdoor classroom. Pair this
with the matching audience stools and you’ll have yourself an outdoor story
- Post Mounted Creative Drawing Trail - Wonderful for developing creativity, this drawing trail is
designed to make outdoor play even more fun than it already is. Use the trail
for writing up a vivid stories or even for maths lessons.
- Performance Stage - Budding performers will adore the Performance Stage. Perfect
for putting on plays, talent shows and story telling, the stage can work
wonders in improving confidence in quieter children, as well as develop social
- Amphitheatre Seating - Acting out amazing stories from well-known authors is even
more fun with a great audience. Make sure your spectators are comfy with the
timber amphitheatre seating set.
- Wooden Octagonal Musical Shelter - World Book Day wouldn’t be complete without music. After
all, without words there would be no song lyrics! Encourage the children to
compose their own jingles and bring out their inner Mozart!
Ready for Playforce to transform your outdoor playground? Call 01225 792660
Here is the World Book
Day Tool Kit official teaching resources to help your school have the best World
Book Day ever!