We’re all talking about the introduction of the sugar tax, here at Playforce. As you will know, if you’re a regular follower of our blog and newsletters, we’ve been campaigning for ways to encourage children to be healthier for some time. The sugar tax is a welcome step, in our book… especially because the money is being used towards improving sports in primary schools!
But let’s be honest… the biggest chocolate eating time of year is coming up and we’re keen that nobody should have to miss out. So, here are our five favourite ideas that your children can use to redress the balance, using your playground, and still enjoy their Easter eggs:
- Easter Egg Hunt – It’s an oldie but a goodie… hiding eggs around your playground is always going to get the children running about. But why not also consider hiding them up on Trails and Climbing equipment or up in one of our Towers?
- Easter activity trail – Why should sports day just be for the summer months? We love the idea of children working in teams to complete a challenging activity trail or even a games activity… our Multi-Use Games Areas are great for this.
- Spring is springing – There’s no denying that things are waking up in the garden… how many of you can see daffodils outside the window? Our Grow range is a great way to get active outside with digging and carrying and planting. You could even combine it with the Easter egg hunt and hide a few eggs underground!
- Get creative – With all the new spring colours and and baby animals Easter is a great time to get outside and draw what you see. We’ve got lots of Creative Drawing equipment that can help with that. Our award-winning Poddely is also great for pop up easels and drawing stations. Don’t forget to share some of your artwork with us and show what you’ve created!
- Put on a show – Finally, why limit plays and performance to Christmas? There are loads of great Easter and spring-time stories that can be turned into plays. Why not get your children to come up with their own and act it out, using the playground. Not only do we have a fantastic range of stages and performance spaces, but we can also install seating and musical instruments as well… a proper theatre for your budding stars!
Have a very happy Easter holiday everyone and don’t forget… if you want to talk to us about your play area, just get in touch by email or phone or have a look at www.playforce.co.uk