We know that keeping children active, engaged and happy has been a challenge across the UK during the Covid-19 pandemic. And, as we head into the summer and September it’s wonderful that we’re starting to get back outdoors and together (even if it is socially distanced).
If you’re thinking about ways to improve your setting’s outdoor space then now’s the time to get in touch and give it some serious thought. We’re already almost all booked up for summer installations and are now taking bookings through to November. Don’t worry...we have a huge range of ready-to-play EYFS equipment that you can have delivered to your door, requiring little (and very easy) assembly or even none at all. Your littlest children can be outdoors and playing before you know it!
We've pulled together some of our favourite EYFS equipment suitable for nursery gardens. From mark making to physical play, planters to storage, we have it covered!
1. NATURAL DRAWING BOARDS - Available as either a chalk or clear board, these are great for practising fine motor skills, number and letter formation or simply being creative on a large scale!
2. SELF SELECT STORE - With large waterproof boxes perfect for children to self select and tidy away their own resources, and mounted on sturdy wheels, this is one of our most popular and practical nursery items!
3. EYFS TIPI - This amazing outdoor tipi with detachable cover can be used to create a shady spot for small world play or reading, a den space for imaginative play and adds real wow factor to any outdoor space!
4. RUSTIC PLANTERS - Whether growing vegetables and flowers, or just for digging, our rustic planters introduce beautiful natural textures and are the perfect height for young children to enjoy getting their hands dirty!
5. WATER TABLE - During the summer, water play is extremely popular and our sturdy Water Table comes complete with wooden shelf below for storing water play toys.
6. EYFS SCRAMBLER SET - This ever changing, movable physical challenge helps young children to practice their balance, coordination and grab and grasp skills - and it's a lot of fun!
7. And don’t forget… we have a great range of floor markings and equipment to support social distancing and safe outdoor time. Click here for more information.
Don’t forget. Our blog has a huge range of advice and suggestions for getting the most from EYFS outdoor time. Some of our favourite articles include:
• Natural play for health and well being
• Imaginative play and its impact on development
• Our favourite products for encouraging group play
• Sand & water play under the new EYFS education inspection framework
• Early years natural world
Want to give your nursery grounds a refresh this year? Call us on 01225 792660 or click here for a free consultation.