We’ve been creating outstanding outdoor spaces for nearly twenty years and one of our most popular questions from customers is how to apply for funding. Fundraising for a play project is something that we’ve written a lot about, in fact we have our own dedicated webpage and funding guides. But to ensure that you’re always up-to-date with the options that are available to you, we also like to focus on particular grants or funding that are opening for applications.
The Aviva Community Fund
The Aviva Community Fund offers the chance for community projects to win funding for an important cause in the local area. The fund is open to everyone - Aviva customers, employees, insurance brokers or financial advisers and the general public. They ask you to enter a project for your community and to tell them what a difference the much-needed funds could make.
Entries into the Finals are determined by the amount of votes your project gets. So it’s important to get all of your friends, family and supporters in your community involved. Once you hit the Final round, a judging panel will award the winning funds.
What makes a good entry?
The Aviva Community Fund website says that your project is right for the funding if it fits the following criteria:
- it will make a positive difference in your community
- it is associated with a community organisation or charity, and will take place in the UK
- it will be completed or well underway before 31 December 2018 (date subject to change with new funding)
- it can ideally be completed with the requested funding alone
There are a number of different funding levels and categories that you can choose from for your application. Read more about the project categories here.
How can you apply?
The Aviva Community Fund is one of the simpler applications we’ve seen. There are four simple steps to submit your project:
1. Identify a project that will have a positive impact in your community. A project can be submitted by, or on behalf of, any not-for-profit community organisation.
2. Enter it in the Aviva Community Fund. (You'll have to register.)
3. Add photos and videos to paint a better picture for the public.
4. Get your friends, family and more to vote for your project. Promote it by getting in touch with them, by using Facebook, Twitter, community events or any other way that will get attention.
You can find lots more helpful information here
When can you apply?
The winners of the 2016 funds were announced at the beginning of the year. The deadline is yet to be announced for 2017 (although we can make an educated guess of October, based on last year). To get the latest information about the application process, and when it opens, you can register for updates on their website.
You can see some examples of the amazing projects it helped fund, including play and sports facilities, here.
If you need any further advice on applying for an Aviva Community Fund, or any other playground funding or grants available for your project, contact us on email@example.com.